Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
Who is this course aimed at?
Any person that handles food within the workplace (Restaurants/cafe/pubs/quick service outlets/kitchens/schools/care homes)
How long will the course take?
What topics will it cover?
• Introduction to Food Safety
• Microbiological hazards
• Contamination hazards and control
• Food poisoning and its control
• HACCP from purchase to service
• Personal hygiene
• Food premises and equipment
• Food pests and control
• Cleaning and disinfection
• Food safety law and enforcement
What books will I need?
No books are required.
Is there an exam?
Yes, multiple choice papers, pass mark 75%.
When will I know if I’ve passed?
Results notified within 2 weeks, successful candidates will receive a Highfield accredited Level 2 certificate. Course certification lasts three years.
How much will it cost?
£65+VAT per candidate.